11+3 is designed to give you an insight into the motivations and aspirations of the best creative minds in the world.
[audio:teebs_03_14_10.mp3] This time with L.A. based visual artist & painter Teebs. Each artist is asked 11 set questions and to contribute 3 “facts” which can be any statement from them on absolutely anything: their own views on politics, religion, the environment, sport…or just something they read in the paper or saw on TV.
1: real name means peace
2: sitting at an airport listen to guys talk about ninjas
3:my sp404 got bomb checked. again.
1. What is the biggest inspiration for your music?
New places new food, new games and overall people who have their own voices
2. How and when did you get into making music?
I got hurt and couldn’t skateboard for almost half a year and sort of fell into. I started around 2007.
Cannibal ox – cold vein
Manitoba- up in flames
Broadcast- haha sound
4. What do you associate with Berlin?
The wall, and a culture I still need to explore
5. What’s your favourite place in your town?
6. If there was no music in the world, what would you do instead?
probably painting and skating around…maybe even cooking
7. What was the last record you bought?
An Astrud Gilberto record
8. Who would you most like to collaborate with?
9. What was your best gig (as performer or spectator)?
Performing wise it was opening up for Rasg at lowend for his record release. First live set ever and the energy was incredible
10. How important is technology to your creative process?
Pretty important, I feel comfortable with it…definitely eases work flow
I have an older brother and an older half bro. None know what I’m doing at all.