A harp virtuoso and electronic producer born in Athens, living in Germany, Sissi Rada is blooming in Berlin’s vibrant avantgarde scene. The young artist has received several awards and, in addition to other projects, also plays in the Berlin Philharmonic and contributes as an author to various blogs. As a solo artist, her music is characterized by an artistic balancing act between classical and avant-garde, inviting to dance and dream alike.
1. I prefer to communicate just with music
1. What is the biggest inspiration for your music?
2. How and when did you get into making music?
my mother took me to piano lessons. Then I saw the harp and fell in love with it.
3. What are 5 of your favourite albums of all time?
blade runner/ Vangelis
6th Symphony P.I.Tchaikovsky
college dropout/ Kanye West
2 Future 4 U/ Armand van Helden
A love supreme/ John Coltrane
4. What do you associate with Berlin?
5. What’s your favourite place in your town?
the Berlin Philharmonie
6. If there was no music in the world, what would you do instead?
7. What was the last record/music you bought?
Barbara Streisand’s Wet album on vinyl
8. Who would you most like to collaborate with?
I would like to write music for films.
9. What was your best gig (as performer or spectator)?
Moodyman on the decks
10. How important is technology to your creative process?
11. Do you have siblings and how do they feel about your career/art?
they don’t really like my music I think. But they like me at least. That’s the nice thing with family. They just love you for absolutely no reason.