Francisco Sonur is a musician/producer (born in La Plata, Argentina) but currently resides in Sydney, Australia. Francisco Sonur’s music is a mixture of euphoria and nostalgia, a bowl of hot soup in a harsh winter.
A blend of ambient, cinematic and post-rock sounds ,all of the work Sonur has put out to date, tells personal stories from the artist’s past to the present day. Fran’s sonic storytelling often focuses on the small details of family life, bringing feelings of honestly, innocence, playfulness and nurture directly to the listener.
1. There is not a “Third World” but one unequal World.
2. Jesus of nazareth saved my life.
3. MONEY IS JUST A PALLIATIVE
1. What is the biggest inspiration for your music?
Writing music is like a kind of therapy.
There are things I don’t know how to put into words but I need to get them out of me.
I like to think of music as a vehicle, as a medium.
2. How and when did you get into making music?
I started making music very early, at the age of 13 I already had a band with friends,
and I kept playing in bands until before moving to Australia in 2017, where out of necessity, I started writing solo albums and shaping this project.
3. What are 5 of your favourite albums of all time?
A- LA INDUSTRIA DEL PODER, LOGOS.
B- Takk, SIGUR ROS
C- THE EARTH IS NOT A DEAD COLD PLACE, EITS
D- THE SATELLITE YEARS, HOPESFALL
E- THE MOON IS DOWN, FURTHERSEEMSFOREVER
4. What do you associate with Berlin?
5. What’s your favourite place in your town?
6. If there was no music in the world, what would you do instead?
7. What was the last record/music you bought?
8. Who would you most like to collaborate with?
Olafur arnalds, jonsi,Elena Tonra
9. What was your best gig (as performer or spectator)?
Firesquad in ” la galeria del rock”
10. How important is technology to your creative process?
At the moment very important, I use Ableton live for everything and each version is better than the previous one.
I recognize my place of privilege to be able to use these tools for the creation of my art.
11. Do you have siblings and how do they feel about your career/art?