Shabazz Palaces are an experimental hip hop duo from Seattle. Having released a two-part album titled “Quazarz: Born on a Gangster Star” and “Quazarz vs. The Jealous Machines” earlier this year, they are now touring a select number of dates throughout the US and Europe.
1. What is the biggest inspiration for your music?
2. How and when did you get into making music?
my father bought me an alto saxophone in 5th grade
3. What are 5 of your favourite albums of all time?
this changes too frequently to say. bitches brew remains always there
4. What do you associate with Berlin?
fresh soft cheese at the turkish market and my russian friend dimitri
beautiful muslim women in stylish hijab
5. What’s your favourite place in your town?
Each time i go it becomes something new. the late night burger spot
under the overpass
6. If there was no music in the world, what would you do instead?
7. What was the last record/music you bought?
gucci mane droptopwop
8. Who would you most like to collaborate with?
9. What was your best gig (as performer or spectator)?
performer: the best is yet to come
spectator: radiohead in mexico city, voidz show, my morning jacket shows
10. How important is technology to your creative process?
super unimportantly integral
11. Do you have siblings and how do they feel about your career/art?
yes two brothers. they we love each other and love when the other is
happy and fulfilled
Shabazz Palaces will perform in Berlin on 23.10.2017. Check info here.