1: The word cult pejoratively refers to a group whose beliefs or practices are considered abnormal or bizarre.
2: An emblem is a pictorial image, abstract or representational, that epitomizes a concept.
3: Alchemical transmutation is effected when male and female principles within the individual work to bring about the union of heaven and earth.
1. What is the biggest inspiration for your music?
2. How and when did you get into making music?
We started fooling around with music and sound early, as children. But we did not pursuit it seriously until we found ourselves in a situation where making music together (and apart) became an essential way of coping with life.
3. What are 5 of your favourite albums of all time?
This is not possible to answer…
4. What do you associate with Berlin?
Hangovers and late night shopping at spätkaufs
5. What’s your favourite place in your town?
Probably at home. (Boring).
6. If there was no music in the world, what would you do instead?
7. What was the last record/music you bought?
A Turid LP
8. Who would you most like to collaborate with?
Our little sister Ambra Byrne
9. What was your best gig (as performer or spectator)?
It’s always fun to play at Norbergfestival because of the great venue (a former mine). Also the best place to see shows!
10. How important is technology to your creative process?
Not too much.
11. Do you have siblings and how do they feel about your career/art?
Besides the two of us we have a younger sister and brother, both artists as well. It’s all good.
Ectoplasm Girls is out via iDEAL. They will be appearing at our Kiezsalon on 27th September.