MUSIK FÜR ALLE is a two day free festival, which is connected to the exhibition KUNST FÜR ALLE (ART FOR ALL) at the Akademie der Künste. The exhibition is a revision of the long gone revolutionary times of the 1960s and 1970s, dedicated to an ideologically bound movement of artists propagating the democratization of society and the art market. The exhibition displays political artworks from the collection Staeck (until June 7).
The music section of the Academy (presided by the german composers Manos Tsangaris and Enno Poppe), hosts within this thematic frame the event MUSIK FÜR ALLE with two challenging nights of contemporary music, presenting Berlin’s largest composer-performer-ensemble, the Splitter Orchester, on the second night (May 9). The Berliner Lautsprecherorchester and the Landesjugendensemble Neue Musik Berlin perform on the first night (May 8).[vimeo 90618459 w=620&h=300]
MUSIK FÜR ALLE implicitly reflects upon present-day strategies how to combine music and politics. The music of the SPLITTER ORCHESTER is deeply rooted in a non-hierarchical understanding of everybody’s role in its music. Splitter Music is for everybody: all 24 members potentially have an equal impact on the act of making music together. Splitter Music is for everything: any source of sound, any extended technique and any compositional strategy might be chosen to express what needs to be expressed.
The aim of Splitter Music is to clear away the schism between the so-called avantgarde performers and the allegedly consumerist audience – together we stand, divided we fall![vimeo 25685749 w=620&h=300]
The detailed program:
Friday 8th May 2015:
– 8 pm, at Studio: Landesjugendensemble Neue Musik Berlin plays pieces by Hanns Eisler, Louis Andriessen, Das Linksradikale Blasorchester, Francesco Filidei
– 10 pm, at Halle 3: Berliner Lautsprecherorchester plays Kurzwellen by Karlheinz Stockhausen
Saturday 9th May 2015
– 6 pm to 10 pm, various rooms:
Echtzeitmusik-night with the Splitter Orchester:
– Part I / 6pm Splitter in da House // Orchestral installation in the whole building
– Part II / 7:30pm Splittergruppen // The splitted Orchester with Pivot, Sploctet, Voutchkova/Thieke, TranceSplitter
– Part III / 9 pm Splitter Orchester // Large format composition and improvisation: RESONATOR III for Orchestra and Video (2015, UA) by Werner Dafeldecker and Guillaume Cailleau. And other works.
Splitter Orchester photography by Uta Neumann.
Presented by Digital in Berlin. Check out our Facebook page to win tickets.
MUSIK FÜR ALLE w/ Splitter Orchester and others
Friday, 08th May + Saturday, 09th May 2015
Akademie der Künste | Hanseatenweg 10 | 10557 Berlin/Tiergarten