Berlin based avant haunting indie-electro solo project of Ursula Maurer enriched with polyphonic sounds and gently held-back vocals.
1: “Moving on” is my key to everything!
2: “Happiness is a warm gun” John Lennon
3: I love life and I love the nature!
1. What is the biggest inspiration for your music?
The sound of the organ in the church in Tranylvania where I grew up and listened to Bach.
2. How and when did you get into making music?
I do not know any time I was not in music. I was always singing and composing. I started playing guitar seriously 1988 in my first band called „Little red riding hood“. That was the starting point and suddenly I got to know a lot of musicians and suddenly I played in man different band s.
3. What are 5 of your favourite albums of all time?
Sittin’ Pretty” by The Pastels
“POD” by The Breeders
“Daydream Nation” by Sonic Youth
“Homogenic” by Björk
“Space Age Batchelor Pad Music” by Stereolab
4. What do you associate with Berlin?
5. What’s your favourite place in your town?
I love the VOLKSBÜHNE!
6. If there was no music in the world, what would you do instead?
7. What was the last record/music you bought?
“Keys” Masha Qrella
8. Who would you most like to collaborate with?
Gudrun Gut, Nils Frahm.
9. What was your best gig (as performer or spectator)?
As a spectator it was last year Nils Frahm at Funkhaus Berlin.
10. How important is technology to your creative process?
I started as a Punk Rock Guitar Player in different band s. Since the release of the 7″ single POPPIT SAND 2001 on vinyl, I compose on the computer. Technology has been always very inspiring to me. The whole reative process has been extended over the time by technology. Since then the composing process is much more about structure and dramaturgy. More and more it feels like an art project.
11. Do you have siblings and how do they feel about your career/art?
I am happy that I never stoped playing and writing music and I am so greatfull for anything I have learned during the time. I have no concrete idea how my career can look like. First of all I want to enjoy and share the music with other people. One year ago I started to play also in the brazilian Percussionband AFOJUBA. That is an amazing experience. With SKIRT I am working on new releases. And I am looking forward to play more shows.