The Kaiser-Wilhelm-Gedächtniskirche is situated in Charlottenburg, the original church at the site was built near the end of the nineteenth century. The new church, with its characteristic double shell, was built two decades after the original church was damaged on December 23rd, 1943 and completely destroyed in air-raids in April 1945.
With over 5,000 pipes, its famous church organ is not only one of the largest in the city, but also one of the most significant achievements of designer Karl Schuke. It is a mechanical organ with four manuals and one pedal keyboard, and an electric stop. 63 stops serve about 5,100 pipes (among them 170 Spanish trumpets). The Kaiser-Wilhelm-Gedächtnis-Kirche will host a Kiezsalon special in November 2021.